Project One Hundred and Ten: An Apron with Ruffle Trim
A colleague commissioned me to make this for her daughter as a Christmas present, and she specifically asked for it to have a ruffled bottom edge in different fabric to the main apron. I didn’t have time to buy any cotton tape for the straps so I made the straps out of the same fabric as the ruffled bottom, and it looked good. My colleague was very pleased with the results and that’s the important thing! The main floral fabric was from some curtains I bought at a yard sale made with old Laura Ashley fabric. The pair of curtains only cost me £5 and in total there was about 6 metres of fabric plus 6 metres of lining fabric included, a pretty good haul for a yard sale in my opinion!
Only one more project to write up, and I’ll have achieved my target! Woop. I have already started thinking about what to do mext year, and have some pretty epic projects lined up that I can’t wait to start and blog about.