Project Sixty Four: A Hideous Wildflower Pincushion
In the words of Marshall Mathers: I’ve created a monster. A truly hideous beast of a mutated pincushion. I found a free tutorial for this Anna Maria Horner Wildflower Pincushion, and the accompanying images made it look quite nice actually. Well, they lied (either that or I went horribly wrong somewhere along the line). Oh well, it will have to do for now, but be warned, if you fancy giving this pincushion a go. Be warned. I think the real challenge lies in using the right combination of fabrics.
A small section of my scrap fabric stash
Scrappy scraps used to stuff the pincushion
As well as making a much-needed large pincushion, this project was also meant to tackle a bit of my scrap fabric pile, I only used scraps to make this. Perhaps this accounts for some of the hideousness actually as the fabrics do clash a bit. Oh well. A little dent was made in my scrap fabric stash. I also used the real scrappy scraps (the ones everyone else throws away and that I never meant to reveal as actually keeping) to stuff the beast, using almost a whole bag of scrappy scraps that I had been secretly hoarding.
My old, and very small, pincushion, which has now been replaced by the monster.