Project Nineteen: Re-Styling a Pair of the Boy’s Jeans
Because I quite often remove the back pocket of the boy’s trousers in order to patch up the knees, I thought I’d take the opportunity to make some of his plain old jeans a bit more funky by adding back pockets using navy and cream ticking fabric from my scrap fabric stash.
These jeans are the same pair that I patched up in Tuesday’s Resourceful Little Idea, and after I had unpicked the back pockets from the jeans I used them as a template to cut two new back pockets. I sewed the pockets on using my sewing machine, and luckily the jeans just about fit with the zipper open. They didn’t tke long to make at all.
Turns out the original pockets weren’t symmetrical, and because I cut out the new pockets on the wrong side of the fabric they turned out to be mirror images of the originals, hence why the darker fabric that was previously covered by the original pocket can be seen. Never mind though, it actually adds to the look of the jeans, and will no doubt fade soon enough.
The boy is happy with his new improved jeans, and that’s the important thing! I might post a picture of him in the jeans if I get a chance, so you can see what they look like on.