Scrap Fabric: Some New Cushions for the Bed
After the introduction of my quilt to our bed, Mr. B and I agreed that neither of us really liked the old cushions we had on the bed, so I went about making some new covers for them. In keeping with my pledge not to buy any more fabric until I’ve made a significant dent in my stash, I went through all my bigger scraps and found some suitable fabrics.
Two of our cushions were a little worse for wear, all flat and limp, so I rolled them up into tight sausage shapes, secured them that way with a row of stitches, and made them into little bolster cushions!
I really wanted to get the four new cushion covers done quickly, so I didn’t bother with piping or even putting zips in like I usually do, I just gave them all envelope openings. It took about 45 minutes to make all four, not bad really!